This is the most amazing Taco recipe you'll ever have! A mouth watering combination of chicken and black bean is sprinkled with a delicious Mingle Mexican Fiesta Seasoning Blend that gives it that spicy but not too spicy Mexican flavour. I made it for TACO TUESDAY dinner and let me tell you there were no leftovers on the dinner table! We think you will love this recipe and so will your family and friends! Plus it only takes 20 mins to prepare!
For a quick, healthy meal without all the nasty ingredients this Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Taco combo is a winner when it comes to preparing a meal that doesn't take too much time but still tastes like you've put in a lot of effort.
Mexican Chicken & Bean Tacos
If you're running short on time but looking for a healthy (but tasty) dinner option you're going to love this Mexican Chicken & Black Bean Taco recipe! Once you try this recipe and you see how easy it is, you'll be adding it to your weekly meal plan again and again.
Today I'm sharing my recipe of how I make my favourite Mexican Chicken & Black Bean Taco combo.
Taco Tuesday will never be the same again with this recipe in the mix!
Chicken needs flavour, especially when it comes to making a tasty Taco that you want your family and friends to rave about which is why adding a little Mexican Fiesta Taco Blend to your chicken can make all the difference!
That's why we're sharing this oh-so-easy, healthy and did we mention with all-natural seasoning, Mexican Fiesta inspired Taco's with chicken and black beans in just 6 easy steps.
How to make the Chicken & Black Bean Filling in 6 Steps
Made with just Tortillas, Chicken, Avocado, Black Beans, Red Cabbage, Sour Cream, Oil, the secret ingredient in this incredibly easy (but impressive) recipe is the Mingle Mexican Fiesta Spice Blend:
2 x chicken breasts (1 per person)
2 tbsp Oil
1 x Avocado
1 x Tin Black Beans
1/2 Red Cabbage
1 x Pot Greek Yoghurt/Sour Cream
1 x Pack Tacos
Seasoning: 1 x Mingle Taco Mexican Fiesta Sachet
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped up Chicken, (we used a chicken breast from the deli at the supermarket) cooking until it starts to brown.
3. You can't have a Mexican dish without beans. At this stage, add a tin of Black Beans to the mix, these will also give the tacos a good texture. Stir in until heated through.
4. This is where the amazing Mexican flavour comes in to play. Season the chicken with the Mexican Fiesta Spice Blend sachet and make sure the chicken is fully covered. Gradually stir in water (approx. 50ml), and let it cover the chicken. Simmer and let the flavours do its thing.
5. What really makes this recipe different from any other Taco recipe is the spicy, delicious natural flavours that comes from the Mingle seasoning blend, Mexican Fiesta. Sprinkle the Mexican Fiesta Spice Blend generously over the chicken pieces while cooking and you'll have yourself a tasty, all natural filling for your Tacos without all the nasty ingredients.
6. Last step. Finally it's time to heat up the Tortillas (just put in a fry pan and heat each side for about 15 seconds until warm). Then arrange the sliced cabbage, 🥬and avocado 🥑on top, add a couple of heaped spoons of the Mexican Chicken and Black Bean mix and to finish a heaped teaspoon of sour cream or if you prefer greek yoghurt on top.
How long to cook the Chicken & Bean mix?
A medium chicken breast that's been diced up into bite-sized pieces can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Fry the chicken first until it's slightly browned and then add the Mexican Fiesta Blend to season. The seasoning really is the secret to delicious, all natural flavour in this recipe!
Mexican Fiesta Taco Blend is the secret to delicious, all natural flavour in this recipe!
The seasoning is a great indicator to figure out when the chicken is cooked as the Mexican Fiesta Blend will form a sauce as it starts to thicken and brown. If you want to double-check, you can always cut a piece in half to check!
This Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Taco recipe is going to be the most popular Taco combination you'll ever try and it won't be long before it becomes a family favourite! What are you waiting for, try it out today!
If chicken isn't on the menu, there are also many other proteins you can add which are still just as tasty especially when you add the to the Mexican Fiesta Spice Blend- why not try Tofu, Fish or Lamb or just plain vege?
The finished product: Mexican Chicken & Black Bean Tacos 🌮
👇Mexican Chicken & Black Bean Tacos - Watch How To Make It 👇
Here's a quick tutorial on how to make the Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Tacos!
Hungry for more cooking inspiration with Mingle seasoning? Check out more delicious recipes here: www.mingleseasoning.com/blogs/recipes