Slow Cooked Mexican Style Lamb
Get ready for a mouthwatering adventure with this Slow-Cooked Mexican Style Lamb! We're talking tender chunks of lamb luxuriating in a zesty yogurt and Mingle's taco seasoning bath, and guess what? It magically transforms into a tandoori-style paste that'll dance a flavor fiesta in your mouth. It's like a delicious cross-cultural rendezvous that'll make your taste buds shimmy with joy!
1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
2 tbs Mingles Taco Seasoning (available at Coles and Woolworths)
- 2 tbsp Chobani Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2.2kg lamb shoulder roast, fat trimmed 2
- 1 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
Taco toppings and tortillas to serve
Combine onion and garlic into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped
Add Taco seasoning yoghurt, lemon juice and tomato paste and blitz until it forms a paste.
- make small cuts into the lamb. Place in a large snap lock bag. Spread paste all over lamb to coat, and rub in well. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove lamb from fridge and allow to come to room temperature (at least 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Place lamb and marinade in a roasting pan lined with baking paper. Add stock to pan. Cover lamb with baking paper and then cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake for 2 hours or until lamb is very tender.
- Remove pan from oven, uncover, discarding foil and paper. Return pan to oven and cook for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is golden. Scatter with coriander and serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.