Often san choy bows are full of sugar and vegetable oils – not ours!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 600g organic chicken mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp of Mingle’s Siena Garlic and Herb
- 2 carrots, finely diced or grated
- 1 head of broccoli, diced
- ¼ head Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups bean shoots
- 4 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 spring onions, white parts chopped
- 6-8 iceberg lettuce cups kept intact*
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium frying pan and add the onion and Siena Garlic and Herb Seasoning. Once started to brown, add the carrot and chicken mince.
- Break up the chicken mince with a flat-ended wooden spoon. Once the chicken is cooked, add the broccoli, Chinese cabbage, bean shoots, tamari and fish sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop the chicken mix into a lettuce cup and top with spring onions.
*The trick is to cut the bottom off the lettuce and run it under warm water
when trying to peel off each cup. With the leaves not being attached to the
base, they don’t break as easily.