Legit a hug in a bowl. Perfect for a winter’s day.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 Tbsp of Mingle’s Siena Garlic and Herb
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, chopped into chunks
- 500ml chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups coconut cream
- Fresh bread to serve (optional)
- In a large sauce pot over low heat, sauté the olive oil and onion for about 15 minutes until very soft and golden in colour.
- Add Siena garlic and herb seasoning, the pumpkin and the chicken broth and allow to simmer with the lid on for 30 minutes. Once the pumpkin is soft, take off the heat, add the coconut cream and blend using a stick blender. Serve.