We all get that craving for a snack at some point throughout the day! Whether it's that 3 pm slump, movie night or you're just god damn hungry, it's always good to have some healthy snack options so you don't undo all your hard work! Here are our 3 favourite snacks at the moment:
1) WHOLEMEAL CRACKERS WITH AVO/ COTTAGE CHEESE & SALLY
Packed with healthy fats and protein, this is one of our favourite snacks at the moment and keeps you nice and full. A little sprinkle of Sally ranch seasoning for that extra hit of flavour and you're all sorted.
All you need to do is:
- Some multigrain/ wholemeal crackers
- Cottage cheese
- Sally ranch seasoning
2) POPCORN WITH SPICY SOFIA:
We discovered this healthy snack recently from Kirsty at Body Clarity!
When you have movie night and want a healthy snack, pimp up your popcorn with some spicy Sofia seasoning. Popped in coconut oil. No sugar, no butter, no salt, just our spicy Sofia!
Pic via @bodyclarity on instagram.
3) SWEET POTATO CHIPS WITH GUACAMOLE
A crowd favourite at Mingle HQ and beats potato fries any day! These sweet potato baked fries are the bomb with Siena garlic and herb seasoning.
All you have to do is:
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2) Peel sweet potato and slice it into thin pieces.
3) Spread out sweet potato pieces on baking tray.
4) Shake Mingle's Siena garlic and herb seasoning over the sweet potato pieces and lightly sprinkle oil over them as well.
5) Bake for 30-45 minutes until the pieces are caramelised.
Sometimes we like to add some fresh guacamole and dip the sweet potato pieces in.
To make the GUACAMOLE you simply:
1) Open one or two avocados, scooping out all the good stuff into a bowl. With a fork mash up the avocado.
2) Finely slice a tomato and add to the avocado mixture.
3) Squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the avocado mixture to avoid the guacamole from browning.
4) Shake our Sofia spicy seasoning over the avocado and taste it to see if it's seasoned well. Sprinkle a little more if required.