When it comes to nailing your breakfast, you should ensure that you include a little bit of everything that you need to eat in a day; so fats, protein, and veggies. Starting your day off with a breakfast full of all the right things will keep you going for hours and will prevent that 3pm slump and any sugar cravings. It is the ticket to maintaining a healthy mind and plate for the rest of the day!
What you need:
2 organic/free range eggs that are FRESH (don’t use old ones as they won’t poach well)
½ cup white vinegar (just the cheap home-brand stuff does the job)
½ an avocado
¼ head of cauliflower cut into florets
1 zucchini, cut into 2cm rounds
½ head broccoli, cut into florets
+ any other veggies in the fridge that you would like (e.g. eggplant, beans, mushrooms)
Handful of spinach
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray.
- Place the cauliflower and zucchini (and any other veggies that are being roasted) on the tray and spray with coconut oil. Sprinkle with Sally Ranch Seasoning and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small/medium sauce pan, bring water to boil and add the vinegar. You want the water to be bubbling, not simmering.
- When the vegetables in the oven are nearly done, add the broccoli and cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
- To poach the eggs, once the water is at a heavy simmer (this stops the eggs from sticking to the bottom), crack both the eggs into the water and cook for 2.5 minutes (for large eggs) and using a slotted spoon, remove and place on some paper towel to drain.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven. To make your bowl, put the base of spinach in, add your veggies on top and slice your avocado to place on the side. Top with your two perfect poachies and a sprinkle of more Sally Ranch Seasoning, or some Sofia Spicy Seasoning!
- Now crack those eggs and watch the yolk pour allllll over those veggies!