Yes you can stay clear of the pies and sausage rolls and whip up some healthy alternatives that will taste just as good but won’t make you feel guilty! Our baked chicken balls are an absolute must and so easy to whip up! Note this makes 20 balls.
What you need:
500g Chicken mince
1 brown onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup parsley
8 leaves of basil
4 tsp of Sammy all purpose seasoning
20 basil leaves, to serve
Coconut oil Spray
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray.
- In a small food processor, combine the onion, garlic, and herbs and blitz until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the chicken mince, a sprinkle of Sammy all purpose seasoning.
- Mix together using your hands and roll into small balls and set aside.
- Place the balls on the oven tray and spray generously with coconut oil (to get those crispy bits!).
- Cook for 20 mins and then turn and cook for a further 5 mins (so you get more browning all around the balls).
- To assemble the skewers, let the balls cool slightly and then place a skewer through the centre and add a leaf of fresh basil about each ball.